How to Login
In January 2023 we changed our method of how to log in to our services. It's now possible to quickly log in with your university account through CILogon. This simplifies the whole registration process.
If you have an official HSRW Account, here is how to log in:
- The first click on “Log In”. For example, for our wikis, this can be found in the top right corner.
- Then select “University Account (CILogon)”
- Then select “University Account (CILogon)”, again, except when you are one of our special external partners without a university account. We send you special Login Credentials which can just be typed in the normal username and password field.
- You are now being redirected to CILogon. First, you have to select your university (tip: search for “Rhine”, then HSRW is easier to find). Click “Login”. (Recommended: Save decision)
- You will then be redirected to the HSRW Login. Just type in your normal university login (do not forget @staff.hsrw or @students.hsrw in the username). Click “Login”.
- You are successfully logged in.
Dokuwiki-Caveat: If you first log in you will have no rights whatsoever. You will only be able to read pages. We will then (sooner or later) give you the needed rights. They are only applied to new sessions. So if you have the wiki still open and we grant you new rights they are not directly applied. You first have to log out and log back in to the wiki, to be able to use the new rights.
how-to-login.txt · Last modified: 2023/01/19 17:36 by jan.sonntag